General Terms and Conditions
Who is my agreement with?
If you choose to join THINQTANQ your agreement is with “THINQTANQ Plymouth Limited”. A member (“you”) indicates their acceptance of the following terms and conditions. Both parties understand that English law shall apply to this agreement.
Provision of services and facilities
- Access to THINQTANQ and all associated facilities is provided on a best endeavours basis. Should access or any facilities be unavailable THINQTANQ shall endeavour to provide as much prior notice as possible, but this may not always be possible. Where feasible, and at THINQTANQ’s sole discretion, THINQTANQ shall make alternative arrangements.
- No relationship of landlord and tenant exists between THINQTANQ and you. The whole of the business residence remains in our possession and control. You accept that you have no interest in the property save for the right to share the use of it within the bounds of your selected membership and time period so that we may provide services to you. The agreement is personal to you and not capable of being transferred to anyone else. THINQTANQ reserves the right to transfer the benefit of this agreement along with our obligations under it at any time.
- We will provide the shared work space, meeting rooms, offices and other facilities which you have agreed to pay for in your agreement (subject to your membership level). The THINQTANQ facilities are offered from 9am to 5pm, 7 days a week except public and bank holidays. Use outside of these times can be provided subject to a separate agreement in advance but is not mandatory.
- You may invite and host guests within THINQTANQ provided that they sign in and you accompany them at all times. You are responsible for the conduct and behaviour of any guests, in line with the terms and conditions detailed here. A daily charge (please see current pricing for day rates) will be made to guests making use of a desk or workspace during their visit. This may be settled by the guest or accompanying member but must be done so before the guest leaves. Failure to do so will mean the charge will be added to your invoice to be settled at on your next billing period. You may use shareable passes in lieu of payment if your membership level provides them. We will provide digital H&S notes and information which you must share with any guests you bring on to the property.
- You may not host more than one guest in the shared work area without prior arrangement and agreement by THINQTANQ. If you wish to host multiple guests for the purpose of a specific meeting you must book a meeting room to avoid disturbing other members.
- THINQTANQ may cancel your membership at any time without notice if you breach THINQTANQ’s Terms and Conditions of membership and the rights extended to you to use the business residence of THINQTANQ shall immediately cease. No membership fees will be repaid for outstanding time if you breach our terms and conditions.
Your THINQTANQ membership is personal to you and cannot be shared or transferred.
- Swipe cards or any other access devices or access codes (including wireless codes) provided to you may not be shared or given to others, may not be copied or adapted and must be returned upon cancellation of your membership. Provision of any such equipment is solely at the discretion of THINQTANQ or its employees or agents. A fee of £25+VAT shall be charged for any replacement swipe card or access device, or if you fail to return swipe cards or access devices at the end of your membership.
- THINQTANQ will maintain a clean, vibrant and professional work space. You are obliged to help in maintaining this environment by keeping your work areas clean and tidy. Please respect the facilities and other members.
- Membership fees are due monthly in advance and payable by Direct Debit or another payment method offered from time to time by THINQTANQ.
- You may cancel your membership at any time up to the due date of the next payment. Membership ceases at this point and no more payments will be taken.
- If your membership is terminated by us for any material breach of our terms and conditions you will not be eligible for a refund.
- Any sum outstanding is subject to a 2% per billing cycle penalty charge. THINQTANQ reserves the right to refuse access to facilities until such a time that the arrears have been cleared.
- THINQTANQ accepts no responsibility or liability for loss or damage to property brought into THINQTANQ, except where THINQTANQ’s responsibility or liability is determined by English law. THINQTANQ’s insurance policy does not cover or include loss, damage or theft of your personal items. Please ensure you are suitably insured.
- THINQTANQ accepts no responsibility or liability for injury or death of members or their guests, except where THINQTANQ’s responsibility or liability is determined by English law.
- Meeting room bookings are chargeable or require the use of a booking credit (if part of your package). Bookable meeting rooms and spaces within THIQTANQ may be used by members when not booked but if a booking is made you must vacate the space and leave it in a good condition.
- Access to computer networks and the public internet is provided for the lawful use of members and guests and must not be used for any activity which, in THINQTANQ’s sole opinion, is illegal, immoral, indecent or detrimental to the enjoyment of other members and/or guests.
- Internet access may be provided to guests via the guest wireless service only. No other security codes may be shared with non-members.
- We reserve the right to monitor your usage of THINQTANQ at any time, including your use of computer networks and the internet. This may include the use of CCTV in and/or around THINQTANQ.
- You are responsible for securing your own computer data and protecting yourself from the impact of computer viruses, malware and malicious software. You must also take reasonable steps to protect THINQTANQ, other members and/or guests from the impact of computer viruses, malware and malicious software.
- If we believe you are conducting your business in an illegal or immoral manner, we are obligated to contact any appropriate authority regarding said conduct.
- You are responsible for securing your own personal or sensitive data. Please do not leave sensitive information unattended within THINQTANQ. THINQTANQ can not be held liable for any damages or consequential loss arising from the loss of data from THINQTANQ.
- Facilities and equipment provided within THINQTANQ are intended for use by members and/or guests whilst in THINQTANQ and may not be removed for use outside of THINQTANQ.
- Printers, fax machines and telephones may be provided to members and guests for incidental use. The printing or faxing of large documents or the making of long or expensive telephone calls may be subject to additional charges.
- You must use THINQTANQ and all other parts of the business residence, all equipment, fixtures and fittings therein in a reasonable manner. You must not alter any part of the building or facilities. You are liable for any damage caused by you or anyone in the business residence with your permission or at your invitation. Any defects should be notified to the THINQTANQ team immediately.
Room hire T's and C's
- THINQTANQ are committed to providing you with great facilities at great prices. We hope we never do have to cancel a booking but from time to time events
arise which are beyond our control. If we do have to cancel your booking, you will be notified as far in advance as possible.
- You will receive a full refund for the hire period that has been cancelled unless an alternative date or facility can be found. We will work with you to
ensure that you are satisfied.
- Your refund will be via the same method that the money was collected.
- If you are required to pay for a room booking (for example you are not a member of THINQTANQ or your usage falls outside of our fair usage policy) you will be required to pay for your booking in full on the day of use by any of the methods of payment we accept. In certain circumstances we may allow payment on 7 day terms or 30 days if you are a government entity or representative of a government entity.
If you cancel:
If you cancel your booking within 14 days of the hire of the facilities, full payment of the hire amount will be retained or charged (as applicable).
If you cancel your booking outside of the 14 day period an administration charge of 50% of the hire amount will be retained or charged (as
A no show will be treated as a cancellation within 14 days.
Any services THINQTANQ has engaged on your behalf which are charged for by a third party will be charged to you.
Our Member Charter
What you can expect from us
- It is important you know what to expect from us, so, here it is! Transparent Pricing – No nasty surprises, you always know how much you are paying. Easy In/Out policy – Don’t want to be tied to a 3 month notice period? No problem! Coworkers – You are free to leave at the end of your currently paid month with no penalties. Dedicated office rentals – 1 months notice is all it takes!
- Great Working Environment – We will provide a fun, interesting and professional working environment for you to work in.
- Free Wifi*
- Free printing*
- Free refreshments*
- Meeting space (subject to booking availability)
- Disruptive behaviour won’t be tolerated, so you can be sure of a friendly and comfortable place to work
- Freedom – Come and go as you see fit!
- Ethical Policies – Its impossible to be completely ethical, but we will always do our best to make ethically sound decisions on subjects such as energy efficiency, purchasing and employment.
- Help – Where we can, we will do our best to help you!
- If we are unable to resolve a legitimate complaint for whatever reason we will refund you the cost of that days use of THINQTANQ on the basis of your current Tariff. *Subject to fair use policy.
- Well that all sounds very reasonable and amazing, but what do you expect from me as a member?
We expect you to:
- Treat THINQTANQ like a work place. Be tidy and considerate.
- Respect others, their property, their work space and their points of view.
- Conduct yourself and your business affairs in a legal and ethical manner.
- Ask for help if you need it.
- But most of all, to be awesome.
- It’s just that easy! If you are unable or unwilling to comply with our expectations we may ask you to leave with immediate effect. If that happens we are afraid that you will forfeit the remainder of your membership payment. Don’t worry, we are sure this won’t be a thing, so don’t worry.
Our Member Guarantee
Our customers happiness and satisfaction is our highest priority. Where we fail to meet our customers expectations we will do everything we can to resolve any complaints. In the event that you are not satisfied with the service that THINQTANQ is providing please let us know. THINQTANQ will do everything possible to rectify the situation to your satisfaction. In the rare case that we are unable to resolve your complaint in its entirety then please contact:
We will do whatever we can to assist. In the extremely unlikely case you are still not completely happy, we will offer a full refund on your payment for the period in question.
Member Conduct Policy
What we expect from you
- THINQTANQ is here for all of our members, please be respectful of their privacy and need to work. Generally speaking treat others the way you would like to be treated!
- Keep noise to a minimum.
- Ensure guests are aware of the need to be respectful to others.
- Be excellent to each other.
- Ensure your business activities are legal, moral and as ethical as possible.
- Ensure you keep your personal possessions safe and please don’t mess with other people’s possessions.
If you have a problem with another members behaviour please discuss it with them openly first, if that fails, inform one of the THINQTANQ team and we will attempt to resolve the issue.
Fair use policy
THINQTANQ wants its customers to feel at home and make full use of our facilities, but we do have a few rules.
Refreshments are provided as part of your package and are there for your convenience. Please do not abuse this facility.
Energy and Consumables:
THINQTANQ provides internet, light, power and other consumables for our members to use, however please use all of these resources sparingly. If we think you are not using the facilities in a fair manner or are misusing our facilities then we may apply monitoring to the resources and ask you to contribute to the cost of those resources.
Internet and Networked Systems:
THINQTANQ wants its customers to feel at home and make full use of our facilities, but we do have a few rules. It is not permitted for customers of THINQTANQ to use the provided internet service for any of the following:
- Sending or posting discriminatory, harassing, or threatening messages or images on the Internet.
- Posting or downloading inappropriate or illegal content from the internet.
- Engaging in or discussing any form of dangerous or illegal activity online.
- Using computers to perpetrate any form of fraud, and/or software, film or music piracy.
- Stealing, using, or disclosing passwords.
- Downloading, copying or pirating software and electronic files that are copyrighted or without authorisation.
- Sharing confidential material, trade secrets, or proprietary information without appropriate permission.
- Hacking into websites or systems.
- Sending or posting information that is defamatory to THINQTANQ, its products/services, colleagues and/or customers.
- Introducing malicious software onto THINQTANQ systems and/or jeopardising the security of the THINQTANQs electronic communications systems.
We do not routinely check internet traffic on our network, nor do we throttle or limit bandwidth, but should your use of the internet cause issues to the reasonable use of other THINQTANQ members or mean we incur charges from our ISP due to infringement of their fair usage policy we will seek to identify the largest traffic users. If your business requires large quantities of data transfer you may be better off on one of our dedicated lines.
What data breach procedures we have in place
In the case of a data breach from these accounts or company devices occur, we will contact
all users who are affected by email. Following an initial notification, we will send a follow up a week later. If the breach is significant we will inform any relevant authorities and continue to keep you up to date.
Please visit our partners websites m(listed above) for information on how they will handle a data breach.